Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Week Thus Far ..

This week has been fairly busy .. preparing for the garage sale at my parents this weekend, practicing for my communications speech .. that I had today .. and helping Jason study for his cdc's .. all kind of random ..
Tonight, I am staying out at my parents, to do my part in helping with the garage sale tomorrow. And I will be back out here on Saturday morning. Hopefully we are busy busy !
I spent the past two weeks, preparing for the longest 5 minutes of my life. I put the speech to a power point and timed it, so it was 5 minutes and 7 seconds .. (we get 30 seconds either way) .. so I got up there did my thing .. and the teacher asked me how long I thought I spoke for .. I said "uhhh, 5 minutes and 7 seconds?" and he responded with, "Actually, you only talked for 3 minutes and 48 seconds .. but I know that you had it timed out .. so I won't doc you for it." To my self .. I Thanked God .. the last thing I needed was a bad grade on this speech. Actually I nearly passed out twice .. I was sweating like crazy and my neck got splotchy .. it was bad .. but I lived .. so all is well :) But he continued with, power point times work differently on different computers .. so that's why it was so far off .. incase you ever want to use one .. be careful :)
Every night this week has been spent at Jason's, helping him study for his cdc test (some test he has to take, and pass to work in the Air National Guard). He is so smart, he just gets himself worked up .. he has 3 books that he has to memorize and he knows almost every single question :)
On Easter my cousin Jessica got engaged .. I have 38 cousins .. and she is the 2nd one to get married .. I am soooo excited for her :) Hopefully it will be me soon :)
Welp .. it's almost 1 am and I need to be up around 7 .. so I better get to bed.
Please remember to keep baby Stellan in your thoughts and prayers as well .. it certainly makes my speech today .. not seem so bad.

1 comment:

  1. I see you mentioned Stellan - isn't he a charmer?! He is so cute, and I have been praying for him too! So glad to have you in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete

** i LOVE Comments **