Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May .. **

I wanted to wait to write this post, until I got pictures from this weekend .. but it already seems to be taking me a bit to do just that .. and I haven't had a real blog in awhile .. so there is some catching up to do :/

Let's see here .. On May 10th, my cousin Korren, her boyfriend Spencer and I traveled about 2 and 1/2 hours north to help our aunt and uncle with their pool business, during the busy season.

Spencer, obviously went out with the guys to help them open pools and things of that nature the whole time he was there .. (he wound up staying for 3 weeks straight). Korren and I went out with the guys as needed and stayed in the office and helped the girls out as well !

Personally, I enjoyed the office time a little bit more .. I got to talk to the women who work there .. and they are a bit more interesting then the guys I was working with ! The only bad part I found about working inside all day .. was that I never knew what the weather was like .. I would get in around 730 or 8 .. and not leave until 6 or so .. (I was packing my lunch).

However, I got to enjoy the best (and worst) of both worlds .. and I would go back in a heartbeat if they would ask me to ! I was working there Monday thru Thursday and coming home on the weekends to work at my other job, see my family, friends, and boyfriend .. it was a lot, but well worth it :)

On the Friday before the Indy 500, my dad and I went down to Indy for Carb Day ! We have been going, for as long as I can remember .. usually my sister and brother go, but they both had field day at their schools and didn't want to miss it. So, we went alone and had a great time. We both drank a little. I haven't drank in awhile and the heat was crazy .. so I nearly got sick :/ But I toughed it out ! As I was walking to the restroom .. there were cops riding motorcycles to go to the infield, and one turned and laid his bike down and it git stuck between the ground and a handrail .. (stiffed a giggle) .. and OF COURSE I did not have my camera or my phone. Probably for the best though !

That day, was my grandma's 70th birthday ! Upon our return from Indy, we went out to celebrate her birthday with my family. Never a dull moment with the Johnston family .. let's just leave it at that.

Then, this past weekend we went to Pokagon, for a SURPRISE birthday for her ! She thought that she was going to my cousin Jared's 23rd birthday party with all of his friends .. ! I think she was a lot happier with this party though :)

She got there and we were all hiding in one cabin .. she came up and knocked, we opened the door and yelled 'SURPRISE !' she was so excited ! Then we all started to sing Happy Birthday and I grabbed the cake and walked over to her .. and the next thing I know, my aunt is hitting me .. my hair had caught on FIRE ! Thank God, it only singed some .. I haven't noticed much other loss ! The rest of the night went very well and the next morning we all got up and went home.

That about catches me up .. more blogs to come :) Hopefully closer together so I don't have to go back and recap so much !


2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you and your hair were okay:)
    that was some scary buisness.
    haha whatta party:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't laugh about your hair until I read that it was put out safely...

    You have such a busy life, I miss those days sometimes...

    ReplyDelete

** i LOVE Comments **