Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jack Johnston **

I have not been blogging much lately, because I have been exceptionally busy && I don't always know what to say to keep people interested. So, I have finally decided to blog a little bit about my brother .. hopefully you will learn to enjoy him as much as I do :)

Jack is 11 years old and he was born when I was 9 & 1/2. Growing up I was a very responsible young lady and my parents trusted me to watch their two children, when they went out for dinner or to run short errands, etc .. At the time Alexandria (I will blog about her some other time) was 6 & 1/2 and Jack was a newborn.
Jack && me at Bandido's !

I think that since he and I are so far apart in age, that he was more of a son to me (not literally, but we never argued or anything like that && my parents were always around. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about this.) I was always there to help, whether it was to feed him, change diapers or put him to bed. I loved helping out!

My dad is in the Air National Guard and when he would go on trips I would help my mom out by getting Jack to and from practices and games, when she had to work. Since he started playing sports, I could probably count on two hands the games that I have missed .. and this includes the past year and a half when I have lived across town. I drive 20 minutes at least twice a week to cheer him on.

During the spring && summer he plays baseball. He currently bats 4th in line up .. which is awesome .. but he is also in a batting slump .. so I don't know how he is keeping his position! He is a great catcher, he isn't so into pitching, but they need him to .. so we try to get him more into it .. it is an insane amount of pressure on a young man though .. all those people saying, "Common Jack, just relax." or "Jack just throw strikes." Have you ever tried to 'just throw strikes'? Let me tell you .. not as easy as it looks. But he is getting better! And when he is not pitching or catching, he plays short stop.

This picture is from last year, but you get point !

Last summer Jack && I went to Cedar Point for the day. We got up on an overcast Tuesday morning at 7 and made the 3 hour drive. PERFECT day ! It only sprinkled once around lunch time, so we went out to the car to eat the lunches that we had packed. I was exhausted, so he sat there while I took a 20 minute power nap, because I had to drive us home that night, and it was sprinkling so we couldn't ride rides anyways. THen we went back and we rode EVERY roller coaster that we wanted to, with minimal waits! It was quite possibly one of the best days ever :)


Jack && me on a roller coaster .. they wound up stopping the
ride && walking over to tell me I couldn't have my camera out :/
Totally worth it though !
This was the line for the Millenium Force aka NO LINE ! It was so crazy !

In the fall Jack plays football, FINALLY ! I have been waiting since the day he was born for him to play football ! I love it so much ! Last year he was in 5th grade && played quarter back for the 6th grade team ! Very exciting ! He also played other positions && played both offense && defense, since it is such a young team, they are trying to figure out what everyone is good at. I think he enjoys football so much, because he never had anyone to rough house with && now he does.


Jack is number 7 with the white cleats .


Such a bad ass !

And finally, in the winter Jack plays basketball. He usually plays in the forward position, but has been known to play both center and guard as well. I think he really likes basketball the best, but I really hope he keeps up with the other two .. (I like them the most!)

Robert (11), Jack (12), Jonathon, cousin, (21), Seth, best friend (24)

I also took him snowboarding last year .. but somehow all of those pictures have disappeared except for one .. and it's not even of him boarding :( But he really liked that too ! We went down the black diamond at this particular park (which is in Ohio, so it is really just a big hill), but we went down that on our 4th trip down maybe, and he wiped out and took out a caution sign .. he was fine .. so it is now okay to laugh .. but I was afraid for my life!

Warming up by the fire :)

Finally, like a good sister, I like to show Jack, what not to do .. My boyfriend, Jason and his former roommates work with my dad .. so for one of their birthdays he stopped by the party with my brother .. like any good sister, I let him play beer pong .. relax he just drank mountain dew ! but now he will be somewhat prepared for what the future holds !

See, Mountain Dew !

All in all my brother Jack is an amazing young man && I would never even consider trading him for anything else in the entire world ! I love having him call me at 1 am during the summer, because he knows that I will be up too ! Just to talk, even though I saw him today. Or when he calls me to remind me that he has a game, "But, Kaiti you don't have to come to these." I love him so much and would so absolutely anything just for him.

6 comments:

  1. I love the baseball picture. And your relationship with your brother is really sweet. I have a 13 year old sister (among my other 4 siblings, for 6 all together), who is 13 years younger than me, so I totally get you. I still drive across town to watch her play softball every week too. These relationships have to be cherished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You are such a sweet girl and you guys are all so lucky to have each other!! I only hope for V, S and A to be as close as you 3 are! That is a great story about Jack and I really got to know a little more about him...thanks! I miss him, send him my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel great that my sister would take time out of her nery busy life to blog about me i feel very blessed to have 2 sisters that would do anything for me and i hope that it will always stay that way. both my sisters have canceled somehing the wanted to do, like going to the movies just to came to one of my events and i feel great about that. i love both my sisters and i hope the best for them and that they will both succeed and be very happy in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaiti,

    This is an incredible post dedicated to Jack! I love it! Your pictures are really great too!

    Can't wait to read all about Al!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic story. As I grew up I was lucky to have three sisters like you. We are still close.

    Just happened to come across your blog. Looks interesting. Keep it up.

    Check out mine at AlamoBoneHead.Blogspot.com. Mostly about sports, just a group of guys at work having fun, but some insights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the most adorable post I've ever read! I think it's rare for someone so young to appreciate his big sisters and for you to appreciate having him from such a young age.

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete

** i LOVE Comments **